15.12.04

Don't you wish you could play guitar and wire a light?

I've been looking for this song forever. Here it is on a cd I just downloaded. And boy does it feel like fate. "I keep thinking that time will take them away, but these feelings won't go away." Tonight there is a bouquet of blinking lights overhead. Planes and paling clouds and ice eternal. I bet we really live inside one of those fingers of crystal that grow on the edge of the airplane window, on the outside.

What is on this week’s reading list? The streets are filled with plastic bottles and bags. I want this all over the place. I want a musical implant. You hear that?

My sonic hearing has deadened. Replace silence by the comforting sound of rushing air. I think I was missing the street sounds of summer when it was too cold to leave the window open at night. I live in an artificial environment until spring. Too bad we aren’t all Swedish babies who nap in their prams on the back porch during freezing weather so as to breathe fresh air.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brennen said...

Alright, Crypticon! What's the CD? Inquiring/prying minds want to know . . .

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude...not a thing..not a thing about -racquet sports girl- and it's 10 in the morning! ah Lib, I woke up just to read the blog--and now...now I will eat biscotti instead.
last night was splendid beyond belief, and not just because I felt like a bond girl,or because of karen's hat, brennen's grand apology, the whiskeys, the swedish giggling, you making me think of Jo, ferns, lit banisters in the city or happy-travel cigarettes. Thanks.
I'll go anywhere next year--ipanema, ibiza, san marcos, srilanka, belfast...just give me time to invest in a good travel size dental floss.

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home