19.11.04

Night Sweats

Last night there were helicopters overhead. I could hear them coming by the vibration in the air which sent my open window back and forth in its track. Why so many helicopters? I didn't want to know. The two choices are usually a shoot out which the local news wants to get on film or a major incident requiring the transport of a human body to the hospital nearby.

Fia paced the room.

Why is everyone suffering from insomnia?

My dreams have been serial for over a month. If I am not having one, I am having another. There is a cycle of three choices. None of them are pleasant. I can find myself in a number of locations, with or without shoes, always with another person.

The night was long and my housemate eventually came home from the Slayer concert he was at. I could hear the door unlock and his dog tearing around the house. His new orange and white sneakers made a slapping sound up and down the hallway to and from the bathroom, over and over again. I could even hear him tearing a paper towel from the roll in the kitchen. Sonic hearing is one of the offshoots of insomnia, or at least mine.

For now, I will continue to think of falling asleep in a snow pile some 20 years ago when I still fit into a snowsuit and could slide right in beside the fir logs.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

L--
that is rather strange--you and your serial dreams..hmmm.... I went through a period of severe insomnia for a whole semester in Baltimore--oddly, sonic hearing was one of the perks [or not] for me too. I used to be able to hear the drawers open and close in the neighbour's bedroom. Now, if only I could be faster than a speeding bullet. tsk.

Hope you have a good break, licorice child.

Divya

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home