8.11.04

Diving

There is freezing tonight. The dogs are restless and Hank Williams III is the only thing worth ears right now. My Herstein Abstract Algebra book stands by, a bit lonely. The knitting needles are all bare. But, my time was used wisely today setting up voice mail for everyone on the editing side of the Biochemistry lab I work in. When did I get so quick with the 10-key? So familiar? Suddenly the importance of a message is rated by the 7 (delete) or the 9 (save).

I am living with a dog who peels out on our hard wood floor. Sometimes the sound terrifies me. Rapid nails moving over the same place for a solid minute. Nerves? I'd say. I'd say the dog needs a long hard run on the edge of about 20 acres. But, here we all are, in Philadelphia, in the corner apartment overlooking cracked and crack streets. I long for country. But, we all knew that.

1 Comments:

Blogger anonymous said...

This is a place we've all been at some point, I think, in some way. You describe it beautifully.

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home